Disaster Recovery Planning
Do You Have a Disaster Recovery Plan?
Businesses cannot eliminate disasters, but proactive preparation can mitigate data loss and disruption to operations. A disaster recovery plan is an essential set of procedures documented to protect an organizations IT infrastructure after any disruption ranging from a power failure, system crash, natural disaster, or human error. There are three types of disaster recovery strategies:
- Preemptive backup and recovery planning, designed to prevent a disaster.
- Detective disaster recovery measures, designed to identify potential threats.
- Corrective disaster recovery methods, designed to recover an IT infrastructure after a disaster has occurred.
Disaster Recovery Planning From Intronis
Intronis Cloud Backup and Recovery is the perfect technology to add to any MSP’s service portfolio as part of a disaster recovery planning offering. Intronis offers automated turn-key cloud backup with redundant datacenters, local data replication, 24/7 data availability, and emergency recovery media service. IT managed services providers, or MSPs, benefit with:
- No upfront capital investment in their disaster recovery planning offering.
- Technical training in the event disaster recovery is necessary.
- Sales and marketing assistance in selling disaster recovery planning services.
- Peace of mind knowing that they can deliver a disaster recover plan that ensure that their clients’, and their own, data is protected.
A Comprehensive Disaster Recovery Plan Empowers IT Managed Services Providers
Intronis offers its partners a Disaster Recovery Plan template to help prepare their clients in the event of a data disaster. Key elements of the plan include performing risk assessment, establishing priorities, developing recovery strategies, and plan testing. Other helpful disaster recovery planning resources for partners include:
- Webinars, whitepapers, and blog posts detailing disaster recovery planning.
- Proactive customer support in the event disaster recovery is needed.
- Extended phone, email, and chat support hours during disaster recovery events.
- Branded white label backup that is branded your logo and your brand, so your clients won’t know that you’re using our platform.