IDC Vendor Profile: Intronis Enables MSPs to Offer Cloud Backup Services
Small and midsize businesses (SMBs), which IDC defines as firms with fewer than 1,000 employees, are very attracted to the notion of outsourcing their backups. IDC finds:
- Drivers for this have included constrained capital budgets, limited to nonexistent dedicated IT resources, and the need for secure and reliable offsite backups for disaster recovery. Although backup environments in firms of any size are fraught with problems, SMBs often lack the specialized storage and backup administrators to troubleshoot failures and manage tape media and devices.
- While service providers have offered remote backup services for over a decade, the more recent acceptance of cloud computing in concert with modern backup architectures that offer storage efficiency and reduced use of network bandwidth has fueled a resurgence in what is now called “cloud-based backup services.” Increasingly, service providers must respond to customer demand for more efficient and effective backup services that incorporate “enterprise class” functionality as well as a remote disaster recovery strategy.
In this IDC Vendor Profile, IDC analyzes Intronis Cloud backup and Recovery. This profile will present:
- A situational overview of the industry.
- An overview of Intronis and our cloud backup and recovery software.
- The future outlook for cloud backup and Intronis.