Achieving Legislative Compliance with Intronis Cloud Backup and Recovery
Just as technology is constantly evolving, so are the rules governing public service industries. Regulatory organizations keep pace by updating their standards to protect against abuse and threats to consumer privacy as they emerge. Given their increased visibility, data protection and privacy will remain two focus areas for regulators in the foreseeable future. As an IT professional, you have to stay informed to ensure your clients are compliant, and you need to partner with companies that do the same.
At Intronis, laws governing data protection and privacy are of the utmost importance to us, which is why we strive to deliver a reliable product that provides the highest levels of security and privacy to your clients regardless of their industry:
- Medical and Dental
By partnering with Intronis, you’ll help your clients scale the toughest hurdles to meet the necessary compliances for protecting data and privacy in their industry.
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Section 404 for Accountants
- PCI DDS Requirements 3, 4, 7, and 9 for Retailers
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Section 501 (b) for Bankers
- HIPAA’s Security Rules for Medical and Dental Offices
- State Legislation like MA 201 CMR 17 and similar laws
- Backups are securely off-site
- Data is stored in two Tier-IV SSAE 16 compliant data centers
- Data centers are more than 500 miles apart
- Data centers have redundant storage, network connections, power, and cooling
- Files encrypted locally using AES 256-bit encryption
- 128-bit encryption in transit with SSL
- Private encryption key not stored by Intronis
- Password required in software for every restore
- 24/7 biometric security and surveillance at Intronis data centers
If your customers fail to comply with the regulations mentioned above, they could face strict penalties. As a trusted technical advisor, not only do you need to help your customers understand this legislation as it pertains to their particular industries, but you have to implement technical solutions that meet the proper data security criteria.
That’s why Intronis Cloud Backup and Recovery provides you with a robust backup solution, which you can easily configure to help your customer conform to these critical compliances. Even though these laws govern different industries, they all address three key items:
Even though these laws govern different industries, they all address three key items: protection of data from loss/destruction, encryption of data over open networks, and limited physical access to stored data.
Intronis protects data from loss/destruction:
Intronis encrypts data across open networks:
Intronis limits physical access to stored data:
Whether your clients are in the accounting, banking, retail, medical, or dental industries, you can assist them in meeting or exceeding regulations by properly deploying Intronis Cloud Backup and Recovery. Using Intronis, you’ll continue to build trust with your customers by leveraging your ability to serve as their compliance adviser.